Terry Twiss, MBA
- Twenty + years experience in IT / Project Management
operating at the highest levels in some of New Zealand's
largest blue-chip companies.
- Manager of successful implementation projects ranging
from $1-20 million.
- Specialist in manufacturing, sales and distribution
- Extensive data conversion and systems integration
- MBA qualified and Prince 2 (Practitioner).
- Dual UK/NZ nationality allows me to work in UK,
Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
Independent Consultant, Director
of AIT limited
- Implemented Movex ERP and enabled a new manufacturing
model to be implemented using lean manufacturing techniques
in a make to order environment. Created linked production
schedules which optimise product mix and enable water
jets to be sequenced through the factory.
Production has increased by 20% while work in progress
and inventory levels have fallen.
- Rolled out the same system to UK and US locations,
allowing for local sales tax and European Union requirements.
The ERP system was integrated with a local warehousing
system in the UK office.
The company now has a global view of spare parts,
regional inventories have fallen and all distribution
is now handled by the integrated system with internal
invoicing cutting the cost of administration in all
- Designed and implemented a local intranet system
with various interfaces to the Movex ERP system utilising
application program interfaces (API's) as well as
ODBC and OLE/DB connections. The intranet functions
streamlined the reporting of manufacturing orders,
greatly reducing the administration cost of the system.
- Interfaced the local intranet to a purpose built
e-commerce web site which manages the communication
and interaction with material suppliers - purchase
order confirmation, forecasts, re-schedule request,
claims and engineering changes.
Director / CIO KPMG New Zealand
National role (11 offices) implementing global standards
in messaging, financial reporting and knowledge management.
Systems and infrastructure under-resourced for last
- Developed and implemented strategic plans for KPMG
in the areas of performance management, knowledge
management and Year 2000 compliance.
- Managed the merger of the Auckland and Wellington
offices and the rationalisation of systems and technology.
Implementation of new business systems including Practice
Management, Financials and Payroll
- Introduction of national intranet and web based
knowledge management applications that are necessary
to remain competitive with the "Big 5".
- Implementation of international technical and security
standards and an operational quality management system.
- Negotiation of procurement contracts for hardware,
software, consumables and telecommunications saving
in excess of $400,000 per annum.
IT Director, CARTER HOLT HARVEY,
Pulp & Paper
Strategic review of business systems. Senior executive
position leading a large-scale systems integration
project. Global search for best practise systems.
- Developed strategic plans to reduce cost of production
and improve customer service, which resulted in a
NZ$21 million systems integration project which was
managed to successful completion.
- Developed a common set of processes and procedures
for 4 disparate paper mills with different cultures
and legacy systems.
- The systems implemented are now producing annual
savings of over $5 million. Project involved systems
integration with three international components including
SAP R/3 and two US paper mill production systems.
NORTHLAND DAIRY COMPANY- Corporate and Information
systems strategic planning for green-field implementation
of all necessary technical infrastructure, financial,
retail and manufacturing systems replacing legacy
and manual systems. IT Department at NDC certificated
to ISO9002 standard.
FARMERS TRADING COMPANY - On-line point of sale and
credit control implementation linking 87 FTC department
stores. Payback in excess of $500,000 p.a.
UNIGATE LTD (UK) - System development for 21 manufacturing
and sales / distribution sites in England and Scotland.
Design, development and implementation of an automated
third party sales and distribution system for the
largest chilled distribution service in the UK.
Prince 2 Practitioner course and exam, Melbourne
Masters degree (with distinction) in Business Administration
(MBA) at Massey University (1995). Second year project
focused on improving customer service through the
use of information technology.
Intensive study of New Zealand process manufacturing
industry in conjunction with Auckland University and
several New Zealand manufacturing companies over a
12-month period (1993).